Registration by Friday, May 31 (date subject to change)
guarantees a goody bag! All meals and t-shirts must be ordered by
Friday, May 31. Any registrations after May 31 include event access
Halfway Home Greyhound Adoption is planning the our annual Greyhound
June 20 - 22, 2019, in the heart of
greyhound country Abilene, Kansas. We will be celebrating our greyhounds
and the people that love them. Come a day early to enjoy exploring
Abilene, visiting the antique malls, Old town Abilene, Eisenhower
Library, and the famous carousel. Won't you please join us for the Heart
of America Greyhound Gathering! The event will be held at Sterl Hall,
Abilene's main event venue, and will include many interesting and fun
things to do:
So don't delay - register
Information you can use:
- Farm tours (hounds of all ages, including puppies!)
- Jack-A-Lure Demonstration
- National Greyhound Association (NGA) tour
- Greyhound Hall of Fame Open House
- Breakfast at the track! Come watch the greyhounds train to race!
- Special Raffle to work on a greyhound farm!
- Guest speakers
- Educational sessions
- Greyhound Pets of America Annual Business Meeting on Friday
- Lively round table discussion
Work on a Greyhound Farm
- Contests, contests and more contests!
- Lots and lots of games, many involving your hound(s)
- Paint your own T-shirt Contest
- Crowning of the Kings and Queens
Memory Basket Silent
- This is your opportunity to have hands on experience seeing how a
greyhound farm runs. You will be going to a greyhound farm and working
alongside the crew from 7am-noon on Thursday, June 20. What an opportunity!
Raffle tickets for this experience are $5 each and not one, but TWO
winning tickets will be drawn on Sunday, May 25 EDT via video. You may
purchase your raffle tickets on the registration page. All proceeds go
to Halfway Home Greyhound Adoption.
- Making a Remembrance Basket is your opportunity to share your loving
memories of a very special greyhound with all those attending this greyt
event. This is such a touching way to share with others the wonders of a
greyhound who has been part of your life and has changed your life for
the better. What would you say about your heart greyhound? How would you
tell others about how that greyhound changed your life and how much you
loved him or her? Jot down some notes. Find a greyt photo. Put a basket
together that represents your greyhound. The Memory Basket can be
anything you want it to be. Please include a short biography of your
extraordinary greyhound; don't forget to include a photo. Please email
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or details.
Paint Your Own T-shirt Contest:
- We all love to do a little shopping! There will be things to wear
for you and for your hound, artwork, jewelry, and maybe a surprise or
- Come share your artistic side with your love of the greyhounds! For
only $20, you will receive a white T-shirt with a greyhound outline and
all the paint and embellishments you need to make your own masterpiece!
The contest is a fundraiser for Halfway Home Greyhound Adoption.
Prizes are awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- Greyhounds Make Great Pets will be holding a Memorial Bell Ceremony
on Saturday, June 22 at Sterl Hall to honor the memory of our beloved
departed greyhounds. The Bell Ceremony is a fundraiser for Halfway Home
Names can be added to the list of those
remembered during the GMGP Bell Ceremony for a donation of $5.00 per
name. An individual memorial certificate will be given to each named dog
and each family will receive one memorial coin to commerate this event.
- The Dog Hair Diner will be open to serve your favorite foods -
serving lunch daily
- Banquet meals must be purchased by May 31 for Friday and
- Door prizes
- Bag raffles
- 50/50 drawing
auction and of course . . .
LIVE auction on Saturday afternoon with auctioneer Robert Bacon, an
experience not to be missed, whether or not you bid! We have
numerous one-of-a-kind pieces of racing history, along with
many beautiful greyhound items, JUST FOR YOU!
- Hotel/Motels: Hotel information is located on the registration
- Camping: We have camping facilities at Sterl Hall with or
without electrical hookups. See the registration page for more
Come enjoy three days of family, friends and (of course) hounds
during this event packed with activities for greyhounds and the people
who love them!
We look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones
during a gathering of greyhound lovers we hope will be the best Abilene
has ever seen. Not only will you have a great time but the funds raised
during the event will benefit HHGA and help keep farm hounds moving to
See you in June!
Teddy Palmer and Friends of Halfway Home Greyhound Adoption
here to register now!
Questions? Please contact our Event Coordinator (Bec Maier) at
if you have any questions or comments.